As System Engineer – Satellite Missions you will be responsible for:
- Developing debris removal platforms from a systems perspective, including requirements and CONOPS definition.
- A technical solution, coordinating or liaising with subsystem staff or teams and drawing the mission together technically.
- Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel.
- Production of mission-level test and verification plans.
- Production of mission-level FMECA, FTA and FDIR.
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures.
- Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
- Maintaining configuration control of systems work and documentation.
- Close co-ordination with partners and staff in offices outside of UK
To be considered for the System Engineer – Satellite Missions you will need to:
- Be an experienced systems engineer with experience of real satellite missionsHave experience in the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification, including experience of leading or planning for project gates in satellite engineering e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, FRR etc.
- Have experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Have eaxperience in phase-0 or feasibility studies in satellite engineering where many solutions may be traded off in a rapid timeframe.
- Have good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
- Have experience in the development of systems engineering documentation with a PM as needed: requirements, CONOPS, review gate materials, test, and verification plans procedures, DDVP, ICDs, equipment lists, FMECA & FTAs
- Have knowledge of the (M)AIT process: manufacture, assembly, functional and environmental testing.
- Have a basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit maintenance, or servicing.
Other Useful Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in systems, electrical, aerospace/mechanical, controls engineering.
- A clear understanding of process, with knowledge of both large satellite company design principles e.g. ECSS, and smaller satellite company design principles.
- An understanding of, or experience in other project matters: project management, procurement, bid support, manufacturing.
- An extended knowledge of the area around debris removal including: licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- An extended knowledge in the area around past missions of relevance: RemoveDebris, CleanSpace / ESA projects e.g. e.DeOrbit, DEOS, ATV, ETS-7
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.