As a Spacecraft Operations Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Definition, design, creation and validation of the Operations Plan.
- Lead on the development, maintenance and validation nominal and contingency Flight Control Procedures.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of routine automation and manual procedures.
- Support to CONOPS development.
- Gain full understanding of the Space Segment.
- Plan and schedule operations in coordination with the other teams.
- Define, develop and perform Simulation and Training campaigns.
- Provide technical advice to Ground Segment engineering team.
- Provide support in the verification and validation of satellite control system and the integration of remote ground system equipment.
- Provide input for key mission design reviews (CDR, ORR etc).
- Operations Team management. Day to day management of the operations team.
- Lead the Operations Team that will be responsible for 24x7 control operations.
- Report to company management about Operations.
- Interface to other teams such as MCS, mission planning and FDS.
To be considered for the System Engineer – Satellite Missions you will need to:
- Have University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Have experience in Space Flight Operations and Team leadership.
- Have previous experience as Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SOE) on Low Earth Orbit (LEO) missions, with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, commissioning and routine operations phases.
- Have previous experience in conducting critical real-time operations, e.g. during LEOP.
- Have operational experience with satellite control systems, flight dynamics systems, TT&C hardware, etc.
- Have experience in satellite performance monitoring.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative.
- Have excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills.
- Have ability to work constructively as a team member with multidisciplinary experts (e.g., satellite systems engineers, mission analysis engineers, and satellite control professionals).
- Experience and knowledge of spacecraft mission control systems, e.g. SCOS-2000.
- Experience and knowledge of MOIS Operations Preparation Tools.
- Knowledge of Flight Dynamics and Orbital Mechanics.
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.