As Mission Concepts Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Researching into, and development of, debris removal platforms or concepts from a technical and systems perspective.
- Constructing different engineering product and service lines and trade-off requirements, CONOPS, key drivers and systems architectures to rapidly establish baselines.
- Understanding both requirements and CONOPS across multiple service offerings and facilitate harmonisation across product lines.
- Assist with future technology strategy in the development of roadmaps and plans.
- Assist with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
To be considered for the Mission Concepts Engineer role you will need to have:
- Several years’ experience in systems engineering or research actively applied to real satellite missions or conceptual mission studies.
- Experience in the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification.
- Experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Experience in phase-0 or phase-A feasibility studies in satellite engineering where many solutions may be traded off in a rapid timeframe.
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
Useful Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in systems, electrical, aerospace/mechanical, controls engineering.
- An extended knowledge of the area around debris removal including: licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- An extended knowledge in the area around past missions of relevance
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.