As Ground Segment Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead the design of the Mission Control System (MCS) for the ELSA-d mission.
- Support the supplier’s development team acting as a Product Owner of MCS. Participate in the design of the systems including:
o Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases.
o Process and procedure definition and evaluation.
o Development support and solution testing.
- Interface with supplier’s technical teams regarding the mission control system.
- Perform the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Participate in the Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
- Provide support to the definition of Concept of Operations.
- Document generation and support.
- Supporting the operations team to resolve technical issues and providing advice on best practice.
To be considered for the Ground Segment Engineer you will need to:
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Several years industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Several years industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Knowledge of Ground Stations.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- C++ and Java programming languages.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.